Lately, celebrities have been seen on the red carpet with expensive dresses, some like Eva Longoria and Heidi Klum opting for gold dresses, while Jennifer Lopez or Rosie Huntington-Whiteley opted for silver dresses. One thing is clear, precious metals will not ever go out of style, runways being full of glam outfits.
The market makers have revived metallic accents. If cold seasons were captured before by dull colors, gray, navy blue or dark purple – this time, gold descends from outfits for club parties directly in street fashion, but especially on the red carpet.
Women are still reluctant to adopt this style, often considering its kitsch, but a golden dress or silver dress will dress up your look, to one worthy of the golden ages of Hollywood elegance.
Metallic evening dresses, a magnet for eyes.
If you are not a fan of sequins, try clothes that are made of metal materials. The upside to this option is that your outfit, in the spotlight will make shining waves that most likely will attract everyone’s attention. I am confident that you gradually began to adopt metal trends with some accessories, but if you evolved to the stage of elegant dresses, leave home the accessories and try not to draw attention away from the dress with a provocative makeup.
As the holidays approach and especially New Year, take the first step in the new year with a metallic outfit.
How to wear metallic dresses:
- First, if you intend to choose for an event a silver dress or golden dress, you should be aware that you will attract attention. Metallic dresses are like a magnet, asking to be admired for any occasion.
- Although I joked above, if you want to look magnificent like Cleopatra, or spectacular as Elizabeth Taylor, better wait until next Halloween.
For ones who take this gold or silver dress trend seriously, adopt these tips:
- The most important advice is not to put metal in metal. At such a dress try to minimize accessories. A bracelet or a pair of earrings will complement the perfectly metallic dress, but if you want something more, attempt to inspire from actress-supermodel Milla Jovovich outfit.
- When it comes to shoes, try to go to the “complement”, not “contrast”. A pair of sandals in the same tone with the dress or something nude, are perfect. Be careful, one wrong stiletto shoes can “kill” the “cool” effect of the dress.
- Golden dresses harmonize well with a tan skin; silver ones fit on any skin. Even if it’s winter, you can help with creams – less is more healthy, give up solar – and when it comes to makeup go on something brilliant.
- Although it is said that metallic dresses do not embrace shapes, if you wear a dress from sparkling sequins, you must wear knowingly. Will highlight what you have more voluptuous.
An acclaimed outfit is a golden dress with Greek influences, worn with a pair of “hard” sandals for a rock’n’roll look. At this kind of outfit, you can adopt even a “smokey eyes” makeup.
Gold dress for special occasions, cocktails, and parties
Gold dress is a sophisticated piece of clothing appropriate only for special occasions: cocktails and parties.
It was always trendy and certainly not out of fashion designers attention too soon.
On the catwalk, the models are brilliant when are dressed in refined clothes.
Always keen to attract public attention, celebrities impress when displays golden dresses at significant events.
Angelina Jolie, Beyonce si Jennifer Lopez, often choose such type of outfit on the red carpet.
If you decide to wear this kind of dress, follow some rules if you want to impress those around you.
Gold dress is a jewel itself, so it doesn’t need many competing elements.
Stick to a maximum of two, three accessories for your outfit.
Choose a pair of small button type earrings or pearls and combine with a ring or thin bracelet.
Avoid wearing only golden jewelry. In conjunction with this dress would fit platinum or silver.
A bag it’s a must have.
A clutch bag in the same shade with the dress or a nude shade would be suitable.
Footwear is critical, this detail has a decisive role in the outfit look.
Depending on your dress, you can choose between sandals or stiletto heels.
Sandals with straps around the ankle is an excellent choice.
If the dress design allows, you can opt for black shoes.
Darker colors add a pleasing contrast to metal outfits. Otherwise, you will not go wrong with a nude or beige sandals.
Warm earth tones fit well.
Avoid shoes with targets or glowing applications.
You must know that the length of the dress counts.
A short dress harmonizes better with sandals while high heels perfectly complement the long dress.
If you must wear something on top, choose a simple blazer or bolero.
A stylish jacket can be a good choice.
Whatever your choice, orient yourself to a piece of clothing in a contrasting color.
Gold Platform Sandals and Espadrilles
B by Brian Atwood – Calistta – Ivory Snake Printed Leather Platform Sandal.
‘Calistta’ from B by Brian Atwood boasts natural snake-printed pattern on caged leather with a high heel for high fashion,
B by Brian Atwood – Calistta – Ivory Snake Printed Leather Platform Sandal
Snake printed leather upper
5 1/2″ heel height
1/2″ front platform
Adjustable buckle at ankle with pewter hardware
Tory Burch – Criss Cross Ankle Strap – Gold Linen Espadrille Wedge.
An understated way to wear your metallics. ‘Criss Cross’ luggage leather around your ankle and shine in this gold linen wedge showing a hint of espadrille cool.
Tory Burch – Criss Cross Ankle Strap – Gold Linen Espadrille Wedge
- Linen upper with leather ankle strap
- Leather lining
- Adjustable strap at ankle with gold hardware
- Rope-woven jute trim
- 5″ wedge heel height
- 1 1/4″ front platform height
- Rubber sole